Yarde Orchard Cafe
We are a cafe and licensed bar serving home cooked meals and refreshments to cyclists, tourists and locals.
The cafe uses locally sourced, fair trade and organic products wherever possible.
We use Organic Union Coffee and Milk.
Closed for Essential Maintenance
Re-opening 12th February
The cafe is an up-cycled historic 1930's sailor's dormitory from Plymouth docks,
renovated into a bright and beautiful venue.
Yarde Orchard is located 4 miles south of Great Torrington, North Devon.
We are right alongside the Tarka Trail Cycle Path,
Route 27 (Devon Coast to Coast) and Route 3 (West country way),
part of the SUSTRANS U.K. National Cycle Network.
Lots of cyclists use this part of the trail every year,
enjoying the area’s peace and tranquility – as well as our homemade cakes.
The Tarka Trail is one of the most attractive and prestigious stretches of the U.K. National Cycle Network.
Free electric bike charging available and free water refills
Our suppliers include
- Essential Trading - the Bristol based ethical co-operative supplying a range of organic and fairtrade ingredients including coffee beans, chocolate bars, organic drinks, crisps, olive oil, olives, beans, pulses, herbs, flour etc.
- Local Meat - Torrington based butcher, Steve Gladwin, sources all our meat from Devon and Cornwall farms and makes our own special Yarde Orchard sausages.
- Local free range eggs - Mrs Weeks supplies us with incredible eggs from her free range flock of rare breed Cotswold Legbar hens.
- Ice cream – lovely west-country ice cream from Dunstaple Farm just 10 miles away and made with the milk from the cows on the farm.
- Apple Juice - from Miriam and Jake of McG Apple Juice who press the tastiest juice from a range of Devon varieties of apples, just 10 miles away.
- Local Ciders and Ales – a selection of beers from west country breweries and a range of westcountry ciders from Winkleigh Cider from just 10 miles away and Honey Wood Orchard who produce artisan crafted cider from apples only from unsprayed orchards, including apples from our very own trees.
Yarde Orchard is at the centre of and supports a community of staff, and local suppliers who all share the philosophy of trying to minimise our impact on the planet.