How to find us
To download printable map of our location click here
Walking, Cycling & Horse ridingYarde Orchard is directly adjacent to the Tarka Trail which provides easy access to the site. The Trail forms part of the National Cycle Network routes 27 (Devon Coast to Coast) and 3 (West Country Way)
If you plan to come to us by cycle, some options are:
Horse riding on the Tarka Trail is permitted between the bridleway at Servis farm (Taddiport/Torrington) and Petrockstowe. Stabling for horses can be arranged with a neighbouring stable - please contact us for further information.
- Train to Barnstaple on the Tarka Line from Exeter St Davids (cycle hire available at Barnstaple station) then Tarka Trail to Yarde (c. 20 miles)
- Train to Plymouth then NCN route 27 (Devon Coast to Coast) c.65 miles. Some of our cycling visitors from Europe have come by Brittany Ferries from Roscoff (Brittany) or Santander (Northern Spain) to Plymouth then up route 27.
- NCN route 3 from Bristol (several days)
- Car parking on the Trail at Puffing Billy (4 miles), Watergate (3 miles), Petrockstowe stn. (dis.) 3 miles, Meeth 7 miles then walk/cycle
Car/Private VehicleYarde Orchard is located in East Yarde on the Petrockstowe-Gribble road, ¼ mile from the Gribble Inn junction on the A386 (Torrington-Hatherleigh road) - 4 miles south of Torrington.
Public TransportA couple of bus routes run along the main road (A386) through the Gribble Inn junction ¼ mile up the road from us:
National Express services run from London Victoria to Barnstaple and Bideford 3 - 5 times daily.
- 118 - Beacon Bus:
- Barnstaple, Bideford, Great Torrington, Gribble, Hatherleigh, Okehampton, Tavistock
- Every hour or two
- 51A - Stagecoach Bus:
- Barnstaple, Bideford, Great Torrington, Gribble, Hatherleigh, North Tawton, Crediton, Exeter
- A couple of services a day
Trains run between the mainline at Exeter St Davids and Barnstaple (known as the Tarka Line) hourly during the day.
TransportDirect.info is a useful resource for planning journeys on public transport.
CLICK ON RED CIRCLE ON MAP BELOW TO ZOOM IN: