Walking & Cycling
Yarde Orchard is directly adjacent to the Tarka Trail which provides easy access to the site. The Trail forms part of the National Cycle Network routes 27 (Devon Coast to Coast) and 3 (West Country Way)
If you plan to come to us by cycle:
- Train to Barnstaple on the Tarka Line from Exeter St Davids (cycle hire available at Barnstaple station) then Tarka Trail to Yarde (approx 18 miles)
- Train to Plymouth then NCN route 27 (Devon Coast to Coast) approx 65 miles.
- Route 3 from Bristol
- Car parking on the Trail at Puffing Billy (4 miles), Watergate (3 miles), Petrockstowe stn. 3 miles, Meeth 7 miles then walk/cycle
Yarde Orchard is located in East Yarde on the Petrockstowe road, ¼ mile from the Gribble Inn junction on the A386 (Torrington-Hatherleigh road) - 4 miles south of Torrington. Our postcode for sat nav is EX38 8QA. Follow the brown sign for the Tarka Trail at the Gribble Inn junction.
A couple of bus routes run along the A386 stopping at the Gribble Inn junction ¼ mile up the road from us:
- 118 - Beacon Bus:
- Barnstaple, Bideford, Great Torrington, Gribble, Hatherleigh, Okehampton, Tavistock
- Every hour or two
- 51A - Stagecoach Bus:
- Barnstaple, Bideford, Great Torrington, Gribble, Hatherleigh, North Tawton, Crediton, Exeter
- A couple of services a day
National Express services run from London Victoria to Barnstaple and Bideford 3 - 5 times daily.
Trains run between the mainline at Exeter St Davids and Barnstaple (known as the Tarka Line) hourly during the day.